Workshops and webinars focus on people as a competitive advantage and how manufacturing companies can find, keep, and grow great people
Here are some staggering statistics related to the talent shortage in manufacturing:
- Over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed, and 2 million are expected to go unfilled due to the skills gap.
- 80% of manufacturers report a moderate or serious shortage of qualified applicants for skilled and highly-skilled production positions.
- Across all industries, 76% of workers are open to or actively seeking new opportunities. That’s 3 in 4 workers!
- In a study of 20,000 new hires across all industries, nearly 50% failed within 18 months. This turnover really impacts the bottom line.
- Manufacturing companies spend, on average, 25-30% of gross revenues on employee salaries and benefits. They must focus on people as an asset – a competitive advantage
As part of the firm’s national sponsorship of Vistage, TalenTrust CEO Kathleen Quinn Votaw is sharing her expert insight with manufacturing executives. Kathleen is presenting workshops to executives in manufacturing during the following Fall 2017 Vistage events:
- Chicago Vistage Executive Summit on Friday, September 15
- Minneapolis Vistage Executive Summit on Tuesday, September 26
- St. Louis Vistage Executive Summit on Thursday, October 12
In addition to in-person events, Kathleen is providing webinars to the Vistage Manufacturing Network. Click here to listen to her first 60-minute webinar, which offers valuable tips on how to:
- Improve and promote your company culture
- Connect with the most qualified candidates
- Retain and engage your current workforce
- Manage your aging workforce; and
- Address unique manufacturing staffing challenges
Kathleen is scheduled to present another webinar for manufacturing executives on September 7. Additional details will follow.